History & Photographs

Seer Green and Jordans publication from 1987 to celebrate the Holy Trinity Church 140th Anniversary. Please be aware that this is a very large file (26.6MB) and will take a while to load/download.

 Seer Green 1
View of Orchard Road from the 1930's. Pictured is Rose Cottage and beyond that is the 1899 old Baptist Church in Chalfont Road which was made redundant just before its centenary 
 Back to Top
 Seer Green 2
 
  Back to Top
 Seer Green
 Jubilee Walk by the Three Horseshoes, which was the children's playground before it moved to Green Meadow.
  Back to Top
 Seer Green 4
View back along Orchard Road in the 1930's. Pictured is Rose Cottage on the right.
  Back to Top
 Seer Green 5
 Pictured is the Jubilee Well outside Rose Cottage which was built in 1887, on the occasion of Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee.  The well was then the only public water supply for the whole village.
  Back to Top
 Seer Green 6

The Yew Trees Public House was located in Orchard Road and closed in 1909.  In 1901 the Inn Keeper was William J Worley. 

 


  Back to Top